Decentralized Poker the Players Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas on a single unique identifier

Go down

Ideas on a single unique identifier Empty Ideas on a single unique identifier

Post by BluMnkyHugr Mon May 19, 2014 2:04 am

many problems would solve if their was a perfect unique identifier for each player. We might consider using national identifiers or something stronger like a hardware beacon. What other ideas might we have that are in line with the spirit or free the players while still protecting their privacy?
BluMnkyHugr
BluMnkyHugr
Admin

https://decentralizedpoker.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Ideas on a single unique identifier Empty Re: Ideas on a single unique identifier

Post by BluMnkyHugr Mon May 19, 2014 4:30 am

I have some developing thoughts on this. We can actually technically create a unique online identifier based on an aggregate of integrity checks. Depending on the significance of the aggregate we can calculate the probability or possibility of a certain player being who they claim to be. If there are 1000 players in a pool and each has a 99% probability of being who they say they are, then for all intents and purposes everyone has been uniquely identified.

This is interesting to me because we can set this up in an automatic and therefore decentralized fashion, protecting player anonymity from the front end users. So players can verifying the level of integrity of each other without actually knowing the input data from other players profile.

An integrity aggregate can be made from anything but can most likely be seen as the combination of a players poker statistics as well as their involvement in the community (online or irl). Players don't NEED to have a community profile, but it would be to their own benefit in order to achieve a higher integrity rating. Programs can be made to analyze a players data to detect how human there play is without compromising their data to a third party.

Trusted and known fair human players can socially connect with other players creating a web of integrity, where once again the value of someones integrity can be shown without compromising anonymity.

National Identifiers, cell phones, gps, ips, etc can all be used in the aggregate. Certain parameters will obviously have different weight. This way we can create an incentive for players to create a good integrity aggregate, without fear of privacy issues.

This seems like another new technology can be used to set up and implement this, probably ethereum and I have invited someone from reddit to discuss these kinds of things.

There reason I made this post is specifically that I realized we can create an aggregate that a certain tangible confidence interval which means we can hold the game to which ever integrity level we choose.

This means that a specific unique identify may likely never be needed, and to be truthful about it, we might realize that current big brother powers already are able to uniquely identify people from there web use inputted into algorithm which cross reference it.

We might even think of sort of raking players with less integrity hard vs players with higher integrity, building incentive for games of higher integrity.
BluMnkyHugr
BluMnkyHugr
Admin

https://decentralizedpoker.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum